John F. Reynolds Post #52
Pentwater, Oceana County, Michigan
Organized November 18, 1887
The Post was named to honor Major General John Fulton Reynolds, killed by a sharpshooter at Gettysburg.
The Post was Mustered with 16 Charter Members.
The first Post Commander was Edwin Nickerson who enlisted as a Private in Company E, 3rd Michigan Infantry on August 13, 1862. He was discharged as Sergeant in Company A, 5th Michigan Infantry on June 10, 1865.
The Post met at the G.A.R. Hall listed alternately on Hancock or Fulton Street. In 1898 the met at the KOTM Hall, and in 1899 at the Macabee Hall. They met at the Christian Church on Lake Street in 1916, at the Town Hall on Main Street in 1917 and finally at the Township Hall on Hancock Street.
The last Post Commander was F. O. Gardner who served in Company E, 10th Ohio Cavalry from October 10/ 1862 to July 25, 1865.
The last Report was filed December 31, 1926 showing 13 Members.
The Post was disbanded November 18, 1927.