Woodbury Post #45
Adrian, Lenawee County, Michigan
Organized February 13, 1882
The Post was named to honor Colonel Dwight A. Woodbury of Adrian. He Enlisted as Colonel of the 4th Michigan Infantry on June 20, 1861. He was killed in action at Malvern Hill Virginia on July 1, 1862.
The Post was Mustered with 28 Charter Members.
The first Post Commander Was George A. Cochran who served in Company G, 8th New York Heavy Artillery. He enlisted on December 25, 1863 and was discharged on December 25, 1863 after the loss of his left arm.
The Post met initially at the Light Guard Hall on Maumee Street. In 1884 they met at the K of P Hall on West Maumee Street. In 1886 they were back at the L. G. Hall, now on Winter Street. In 1888 they report meeting at the Armory on S. Winter Street. In 1897 they are meeting in the Lathrup Block on W. Maumee Street. Later in 1897 they indicate meeting at the G.A.R. Hall on E,. Maumee. In 1909 their meeting place is City Hall at Church Street and West Main.
The last Post Commander was Baker J, Cole who enlisted as Corporal in Company H, 11th Michigan Infantry on August 31, 1863 and was discharged as Sergeant on September 22, 1865.
The last report was filed on December 31, 1941.