Scott Post #43
Blissfield, Lenawee County, Michigan
Organized February 16, 1882
There is no indication which Scott this Post was named to honor.
The Post was Mustered with 23 Charter Members.
The first Post Commander was Dayton Parker who served in Company K, 6th Michigan Heavy Artillery from January 4, 1864 to August 2, 1865.
The Post met at Good Templar Hall on Adrian Street, then Rodgers Hall on West Adrian. They also met at Carpenters Hall on West Adrian. In 1884 they indicate meeting at Good Templar Hall and in 1885 at G. A. R. Hall on Lane Street. In 1885 they are meeting in Lanes Hall (over Post Office). From 1891 to 1913 they met at G.A.R. Hall on Lanes Street. In 1913 they moved to G. A. R. Hall on Adrian Street.
The last Post Commander was Nathaniel F. Stoner. He enlisted in Company E, 18th Michigan Infantry on August 5, 1862 and served until September 11, 1863.
Reports are missing for 1925 and 1926 and no officer rosters were presented after 1925. Henry F. Turner was the last Member. The last Report was filed December 31, 1929 The Post was disbanded in 1930.