Kilpatrick Post #39
Berrien Springs, Berrien County, Michigan
Organized February 15, 1882
There is no indication about the name of this Post.
The Post was Mustered with 26 Charter Members.
The first Post Commander was R. D. Dix who enlisted as a Private in Company K, 2nd Michigan Infantry on May 2, 1861. He was discharged as a Sergeant on May 25, 1864.
The Post met at a place on Ferry Street that is indicated with several names, including, AOUW Hall, IOOF Hall, G.A.R. Hall, Town Hall, Garland Hall, Fikes Hall, Hendelman Hall and finally IOOF Hall.
The last Post Commander was Henry J. Moyer who served in Company C, 25th Nichigan Infantry from August 2, 1862 until June 24, 1865.
The final report was filed December 31, 1923 noting 11 active Members and a note - "will not meet until Spring."
The Post was disbanded in May 1925.