Stanton Post #37
Stanton, Montcalm County, Michigan
Organized November 30, 1881
This Post was named for its location.
The Post was Mustered with 16 Charter Members.
The first Post Commander was H. H. Hinds. He enlisted in Company F, 14th Ohio Infantry and served until June 20, 1862 when he was discharged on a Surgeon's Certificate of Disability.
The Post met on Main Street at building with a variety of names over the years including G.A.R. Hall, Smith's, McGarry's, Evans, Weaver's, and Holcomb Hall.
The Last Post Commander was Jesse S. Holcomb. He served in Company D, 21st Michigan Infantry feom August 15, 1862 until June 28, 1865.
The last report filed by this Post was on December 31, 1929 with seven active Members. The Post was disbanded in 1930.